Tone your body quickly and easily with these 5 exercises.
Lying triceps extension
1. Lie on a flat bench with feet on the ground and head hanging just off the top of the bench.
2. Take the barbell and hold it out above your head. Hold the arms straight at an angle like 10 o’clock, with feet at 3 o’clock.
3. Bend the arms at the elbow, bringing the bar down close to the top of the forehead. Do not let elbows sway outward.
4. Press back up to starting 10 o’clock position
Plank and pike
1. On an uncarpeted surface, place your toes on a towel on the ground and your body completely straight. Palms on the floor aligned under shoulders.
2. Keep your legs straight and push your hips towards the ceiling, drawing your legs towards your hands into a pike (inverted V) position. Your feet should slide easily. Hold for one count, then return to start.
3. Keep your head even with your spine as you move in and out of the V.
1. Place your entire right foot onto the bench (your knee should bend to a 90-degree angle). Press through your right heel as you step onto the bench, bringing your left foot to meet your right so you’re standing on the bench.
2. Return to the starting position by stepping down with the right foot, then the left so both feet are on the floor.
3. Complete 15 steps leading with the left foot, then repeat leading with the right foot.
1. Place two dumbbells on either side of your body, slightly in front of your feet that should be spread slightly wider than your shoulders.
2. Squat down and grasp the dumbbells. Keep your head in line with your spine. Tilt your chin up slightly for more comfort. Make sure that your gaze remains straight ahead and your heels are firmly on the floor.
3. Straighten your knees and then your hips before coming to a fully upright position. Your elbows should be straight and the dumbbells should rest by your sides against your thighs. Keep the dumbbells close to your body while you straighten up.
4. Bend your knees and keep your back straight when you put the dumbbells back down.
This exercise puts you in a position that emulates Superman while he flies.
1. Lay flat on your stomach with your face towards the floor. Keep your arms straight along your sides.
2. Extend both of your arms out in front of you. Keep your elbows slightly bent.
3. Lift your legs and arms off the ground as if you are flying.
4. Lift your chest up off the ground using your back muscles to keep your arms and legs elevated. Raise your chest so that your head is no more than 8 inches (20cm) off the floor.
5. Hold this position for two seconds and release.